Monday, May 18, 2009

I know a designer.

So. This happened:
Jenna and I attended the Living Traditions festival on Saturday. Then the Bees game. The following incident occurred on our walk from Living Traditions back to the car.

We were standing on the corner of 4th South and State, waiting to cross.
A man (looks normal) of about, mmmm… 50 years, wearing khakis and a button-down shirt approaches. Smoking.

Man (to me): Hey… that shirt looks really good on you.
Me: Thanks.
Man (kinda looking at my chest): No. I mean, it looks REALLY good.
Me: Um, thanks.

Man (now just blatantly staring at my bosom): I mean… REALLY. That shirt looks amazing on you.
Me: Ha, um… good. Thanks.


We now begin crossing the road.

Man: Have you ever had anyone tell you before how good that shirt looks on you?
Me: No. Thank you.
Man: I mean, REALLY. It looks really good.
Me: Thank you.
Man (eyes still totally on the chest, by the way): I think that might be your color.
Me: Thank you, I have been told that before. Therefore, I wear this color at least fortnightly.

We have now reached the other side.

Man: You know… I’m a designer. So I really know about these things.
Me: Pfffft! Ha. Um, ahem, oh, yes, you are? Good.

Jenna is now reaching a level of extreme nervousness. My plan is to get to Junior’s (the bar). I know we will be safe there.

Get ready. This is the best part.

Man: So, hey, I’m on my way to a photo shoot right now…
Jenna: Hey! I think I forgot my… (unintelligible).
Me: Yeah. You did. Let’s go get it.

We turned. We walked briskly. We laughed.

Really? The photo shoot line? Come on...

3 comments:

Jenna said...

i rule! it was the best move ever! sly and discreet!

Dallas and Amylee said...

You are so hot.
And seriously? Do girls really fall for crap like that? Go Jenna!

Patty said...

I am laughing as you are telling about this yet at the same time getting anxious for you and your friend. You are adorable but what a line. Take care. bye now.